Outreach, Education & Enrollment Resources:
2016 Michigan MAGI Eligibility Levels
Under the Affordable Care Act, eligibility for income-based Medicaid and subsidized health insurance through the Exchanges will be calculated using a household’s Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI). The Affordable Care Act definition of MAGI under the Internal Revenue Code and federal Medicaid regulations is available online. For most individuals who will apply for health coverage under the Affordable Care Act, MAGI will be equal to Adjusted Gross Income.
Cultural Competency Resource Guide
The Southeastern Health Equity Council (SHEC) released their Cultural Competency Resource Guide last fall. This guide was comprised of resources, trainers, institutions, and publications about cultural and linguistic competency that can be shared with the 10 Regional Health Equity Councils (RHECs), stakeholders and partners to help address cultural barriers with health care systems. Additionally, this guide includes important terms for members of the SHEC to become familiar with as the SHEC develops a common language around cultural competency. To view the resource guide, click here.
Health Literacy Resources
My Health, My Voice Literary Guide
Enroll Michigan’s national partner Raising Women’s Voices has launched a health insurance literacy campaign titled My Health, My Voice: A Woman’s Step-by-Step Guide to Using Health Insurance. Copies of the book, as well as English and Spanish versions of RWV’s health insurance literary fact sheets, are available here at MyHealthMyVoice.com.
Also, Enroll Michigan has a limited number of English copies to send out on a first-call, first-served basis. To order copies, please contact our main office at (517) 367-7293.
Families USA Materials
- Public Policy Toolkit for Enrollment Assisters
- Story Bank Toolkit
- Enrollment Assister Resource Center
- Coverage to Care Toolkit
- Standard Operating Procedures Manual
- Promising Practices
- Roadmap to Resources
- Past CMS Webinars
- Assister Newsletters
Enroll America Materials
- Get Covered Connector
- Kaiser Family Foundation Insurance Calculator
- Georgetown Navigator Resource Guide
- Message Guide for Outreach & Enrollment
- NHeLP Advocate’s Guide to MAGI
- Reaching & Assisting LGBT Communities
- Assister 101, Jewish Family Serivice
- Navigating Complex Cases, Elizabeth Hagan, Families USA
- Medicare, Jo Murphy, MMAP
- Storybanking, Heather Bates, Families USA
- Enrolling Immigrant Populations, Sonya Schwartz, Georgetown University, Center for Children & Families